Business Development Director | Belgium Headquarters
- Responsible for the overall management of all Business Development activities.
- Provide feedback to the management regarding the evolution of renewable energy markets, both potential and existing markets, and generate project development ideas and strategic market business plans
- Take ownership of the management of the project development functions of the business
- Propose business development strategies
- Drive increased revenue and profit, through the successful finalization of projects, to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth strategy
- Working to stringent targets and motivating teams to perform
- Prepare, plan, maintain, execute and coordinate the implementation of business targets in existing markets and the penetration of new markets, and ensure that those targets reflect the priorities of the business strategy approved by the Board of Directors
- Collaborate closely and align with other members of the management team, representing the key departments of the company, (being the Finance, Legal, Construction, Operations and Sales departments)
- Maintain relationships with relevant key players (both public and private, e.g. government officials, civil servants, financing institutions, competitors, etc.) active in the field of renewable energy
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the renewable energy market and the competitive environment of the company’s activities
- Develop strategic partnerships with public and/or private actors in relevant renewable energy markets
- Master Degree in Business Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Law or equivalent professional qualifications or experience. Preferably also MBA or LLM degree.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, including experience in project development of large infrastructure projects and all aspects of project management and execution.
- Background in the energy industry, construction related industry and/or capital goods or real estate. Specific experience in the power industry, business development or renewable power projects is very valuable
- Highly autonomous role that requires a self-motivated, energetic and creative thinker with high business ethics and standards, as well as an articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of private and public organizations.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Fluent in Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French
- Comprehension of additional languages is appreciated
- Be a team player and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience in developing a strategic plan to identify, pursue, mature and finalize profitable renewable energy projects
- Strong analytical ability that supports discovering and processing information relevant to regulatory guidelines, company goals and budgets
- Ability to identify business opportunities, execute transactions, actively manage portfolios of projects and build relationships with government representatives (both political and civil), banking and multilateral partners and businesses
- Firm knowledge of applicable legislation in environmental and other permitting processes in renewable energy enabling to adopt a countering position. Be familiar with environmental and social study protocols, international standards and regulations (e.g. IFC performance standards)
- Strong comprehension of financial modelling of projects and experience with non-recourse project financing to enforce value creation and bankability and to allow for optimal interaction with the finance department
- Ability to effectively engage directors, project directors and staff, and build solid relationships with key individuals to identify and mature new business opportunities
- Well established network within the renewable energy sector, including with key competitors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must have an ability to plan and execute a winning effort (project management skills, assessing and understanding project requirements, assessing and resolving project risks, competitor and competitive analysis and building project and portfolio strategy)
- Ability to understand project needs and objectives from programmatic, financial, organizational, and technical perspectives, and develop solutions through collaboration with internal staff and teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong management skills with demonstrated good experience in personnel management, leading teams, including the ability to lead teams from a distance in different countries, from different cultural and political backgrounds
- Ability to draft and manage budgets
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Business Development Director’.